Date: 12 January 2019
Company: International Consultations Group (ICG)
The International Consultations Group (ICG) is a think tank based in Cairo, Egypt, offering its global services to those concerned in international relations, investment and trade, peace, international law, national laws, international conventions, instruments and mechanisms protecting human rights, development, governance and public policy alternatives issues, whether for companies, individuals, Non-Governmental Organizations or international bodies.
Location: Cairo, Egypt.
Project: The cooperation with International Human Rights Mechanisms
One of the ICG work field is to promote human rights legislation and sustainable development, through which the group provides services to NGOs and other international bodies to cooperate with international mechanisms for the protection of human rights.
– Under the direction and supervision of the Unit-Manager, the designated researcher assists with researches on the country’s human rights situation.
– Monitor human rights developments including decisions by national, regional and international human rights bodies.
– Support in the development, organization and implementation of awareness activities, campaigns and sessions on human rights education and developing the research unit by issuing analytical studies, press statements and documenting material in a systematic manner.
– Contributing in organizing sessions and workshops including logistical support as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to apply for the job:
– A university degree preferably in one of the following fields: (politics, economics, law, social science or international relations).
– Interest in the field of promotion of human rights and experience either through membership in an NGO, activities aiming to protect human rights or simulation models and other students’ activities.
– Demonstrated skills to write a report and do a research as well oral and written communication skills in both English and Arabic languages; additional foreign languages are desirable.
– Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that is consistent with the ICG’s core behaviours and competencies.
– Excellent working knowledge of Office software; Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Financial and administrative information:
– The applicant will undergo a probation period for a maximum of 3 months.
– Salaries are determined on the demonstrated experience.
– Five working days/week (from Saturday to Thursday).
How to apply:
– Send your resume to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Closing date for applications: 31 January 2020. During this period; only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
– Graduates can apply for training in the group as a research assistant to be appointed if they successfully complete the training phase.